How do I assign, share, and grade a lesson?
The “Assign” feature is a flexible, easy way to assign videos and lesson materials to students, parents, and colleagues. It’s great for small groups and on-the-fly sharing in class. Follow the directions below to learn how to assign a lesson using an “LZ Code.”
Once students’ quizzes have been graded, you can click on the colored circles (indicating correct or incorrect answers) in order to see their specific responses.
Step 1: Teacher Assigns the Lesson
1. Log in to your teacher account.
2. Click on any Lesson available within our resources.
3. Select the pink “Quick Assign” button in the top lefthand corner, next to the lesson title. The LearnZillion Code and assignment URL will appear.
4. You can either copy the LearnZillion Code OR the assignment URL and share it with students, or you can directly assign it to your students - by class or individually.
Share the LZ Code or Link:
Assign directly to students or classes:
Step 2: Students View the Lesson
1. Go to learnzillion.com
2. Access the Lesson by:
a) Entering the LearnZillion Code into the Search Bar. This option is great for sharing work with parents, grandparents, tutors, and kids who might have trouble remembering their usernames. Just another way teachers can flexibly assign content with LearnZillion!
3. If your teacher assigned the lesson to you specifically, you can login to your student account and navigate to “Assignments” on the top right menu.
Step 3: Teachers Monitor and Grade Assignments
1. Navigate to "Assignments” on the top right menu next to your name.
2. Select the assignment you want to view.
3. Choose the “Who viewed this” tab to see who viewed your assignment. This list of names will include students logged in on your roster and visitors who were not logged in.
4. Click “Reports” to see who completed your assignment.
5. Select “Grade” on the “Reports” page to grade and close your assignment. If you would like to allow students to retake the quiz, you will have to click the “Ungrade and reopen” button.
6. Looking for more information? Click on any of the circle icons to see your students' responses and the correct answer.